We are seeking an Office Administrator who has the ability to interact with clients and staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be reliable, punctual, dependable and maintain a professional demeanor and possess excellent phone etiquette and skills. Communication and organizational Skills are a must.
- Oversee scheduling of staff, manage client appointment cancellations, new client scheduling, etc. using our proprietary scheduling software (training will be provided).
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Carrying out office duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including new client onboarding documents.
- Client placement and coordination of care
- Conducting interviews and sorting through applicants to fill open positions.
- Conducting pre-hire reference checks and primary source verification for education and licensure
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- High school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 2 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and power point).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Paid company holidays
- Healthcare for full time employees
- 401k per company policy
- Sick leave
- Paid Time Off etc.