The Behavior Technician will provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the home, community, school and clinic settings. The Behavior Technician will collect data on programs, assist with parent training, and implement programs developed by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst which are individualized for each client.
- Required: None.
- Preferred: Experience working with children ages 18 months and older providing in home 1:1 setting; experience implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis; Educational, Speech, or Allied Health Services experience.
- Required: High School Diploma & and must have completed 60 hours of college coursework from an accredited university. Enrollment in college coursework for at least 6 hours per semester from an accredited university and/or at least 6 months of experience delivering. Applied Behavior Analysis services may be substituted for 60 hours of completed college coursework.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Speech and Hearing Services, or related field.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BEHAVIOR NATION:
- Part-Time and Full-Time positions available.
- Competitive compensation based upon experience and opportunities for pay increases based upon performance.
- Monthly bonus opportunities (eligibility per company policy).
- Paid Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) training and credentialing provided.
- Flexible work schedule & paid training.
- Vacation and paid company holidays for full-time employees.
- Professional development and training.
- 401K, eligible per company policy.
- Drive time & Mileage reimbursement.
- Health Insurance Benefits (Medical and Dental) for full-time employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direct intervention services developed by a BCBA on ABA principles for children 18 months and older in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, implement each client’s individualized treatment and intervention strategies by providing direct intervention and therapy services to children with autism and related disorders.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the client’s individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Utilize safe & appropriate handling procedures when working with clients.
- Must adhere to the principles of ethical practices and values and maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain a punctual, consistent, reliable schedule with clients.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Collaborate with the treatment team including clients, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, Lead Behavior technicians, ABA Interns, and co-workers.
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending the required training.
BASIC & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift 30 to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job location, which may include home, school, community and clinic placements.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through a computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel between different job sites within the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License & insurance in good standing.
- Must maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, hair, and make-up.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Clean DOJ/FBI record.
- Must have or be able to acquire First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Must have or be able to successfully complete RBT certification.
- Must pass TB test, and have up-to-date immunization record (per company requirements).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Strong interest in working with individuals impacted by neurodevelopmental disorders.